The 1st edition of International Conference on Geography and Environmental Sciences (ICGES’22) is a major point of contact between researchers, engineers and practitioners on the areas of Geography and Environment both from theoretical and application perspectives.
Contributions describing real-world problems, interdisciplinary research, experimental and/or theoretical studies yielding new insights that advance Geography and Environmental Sciences are especially encouraged.
Papers describing original work are invited in any of the areas listed below. Accepted papers, presented at the conference by one of the authors, will be published in the proceedings of MAASI with an ISBN. Acceptance will be based on quality, relevance and originality. There will be both oral and poster sessions.
Special sessions, dedicated to case-studies and commercial presentations, as well as technical tutorials, dedicated to technical/scientific topics, are also envisaged: companies interested in presenting their products/methodologies or researchers interested in presenting a demo or lecturing a tutorial are invited to contact the conference secretariat.
Each of the topic areas is expanded below but the sub-topics list is not exhaustive. Papers may address one or more of the listed sub-topics, although authors should not feel limited by them. Unlisted but related sub-topics are also acceptable, provided they fit in one of the following main topic areas:
2. ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
AREA 1: GEOGRAPHY
- Geography for sustainability
- Economic Geography and Globalization
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
- Land use change and Land degradation
- Agricultural geography and sustainable development
- Climate change, Migration and Adaptation
- Heritage Park
- Earth Resources Planning and Sustainability
- Geographies of Health
- Population and Sustainable development
- Transport Geography
- Urban Geography
- Regional Planning and Space Management
- Geographies of Tourism and Authenticity
- Disaster risk reduction and Diasaster resilience
- Geospatial and Geotechnical Application
- Geographic modeling and big data
- Geography education
AREA 2: ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
- Environmental Science and Technology
- Environmental dynamics
- Environmental geochemistry
- Atmospheric physics
- Physical oceanography
- The Global environmental change and ecosystems management
- Climate, climatic changes and Global warming
- Ozone layer depletion
- Carbon capture and storage
- Environment impact assessment
- Environmental geochemistry
- Marine environmental studies
- Environmental sustainability
- Energy Policy, Pollution, Planning & Management
- Solid waste management
- Air pollution, Waste Recycling/Management
- Climate change and Global warming
- Wastewater engineering and Treatment
- Disaster Preparedness, Response and Recovery
- Environment and Energy
- Enviromental Modeling
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Protection
- Geographical Information Systems
- Applied Computer Vision for Environmental Engineering
The 1st edition of International Conference on Geography and Environmental Sciences (ICGES’22) is organized by the Moroccan Association of Applied Sciences and Innovation (MAASI), as a part of 2nd Moroccan Applied Sciences Week.
All accepted complete papers will be published in the conference proceedings, under an ISBN reference.
Proceedings will be submitted for possible indexation by:
Submission and Peer review process
Authors can submit their work in the form of a complete paper (3-6 pages maximum) or an abstract (1 page), but please note that accepted abstracts are presented but not published in the proceedings of the conference.
Authors should submit a paper in English, carefully check for correct grammar and spelling, addressing one or several of the conference areas or topics. Each paper should clearly indicate the nature of its technical/scientific contribution and the problems, domains or environments to which it is applicable. To facilitate the double-blind paper evaluation method, authors are kindly requested to produce and provide the paper WITHOUT any reference to any of the authors, including the authors’ personal details, the acknowledgements section of the paper and any other reference that may disclose the authors’ identity.
When submitting a complete paper please note that only original papers should be submitted. Authors are advised to read MAASI ethical norms regarding plagiarism and self-plagiarism. Papers that contain any form of plagiarism will be rejected without reviews.
All papers must be submitted through the online submission platform Easychair : https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ges22, and should follow the instructions and templates that can be found under Guidelines and Templates. After the paper submission has been successfully completed, authors will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail.
GES’22 uses Turnitin software to detect instances of overlapping and similar text in submitted manuscripts. Turnitin software checks content against a database of periodicals, the Internet, and a comprehensive article database.
GES’22 uses Grammarly to check the manuscripts for Grammar, any manuscript with a high rate of grammar imperfection will be not taken into consideration.